A Year After Euphoria 2016: When You Put Your Trust In God

 photo 9e50435e-56ea-473f-842e-c56416fc460d_zpsqbgs6qa4.jpg

The most incredible thing about miracles is that it happens! I would wan't to tell my story on the great things that happened to me since Euphoria 2016. Euphoria is a rally organized by City Harvest KL, which brings together young people to compete in sports, showcase their talents, etc. 

In the past I have backslided from God for many years, and I guess it was by God's blessing that my old friend Tiffany came back from USA, and asked me to join the Olympus cluster for Parade Of Schools (POS) which is basically a cheerleading competition for Euphoria 2016.


Just to keep the story short, we managed to win 2nd place in the competition, my faith in God has been restored, and I'm back to church :) You can check out my previous post here: http://www.seraphsam.com/2016/09/facing-your-fears-finishing-your-fight.html



 photo IMG_7326_zpswyih8bs1.jpg
The one who brought me back :)


Putting your trust in God

So why the title "When You Trust In God"? I'll be sharing on how God challenged me during Euphoria 2016. 

As part of the POS team, we trained hard, and our eyes were set on putting on a good show. But one day after training, I overheard the conversation of Diclun (our cluster leader) and some of the other committee members, that they were finding it hard to get sponsors for the cheer uniform and props. They were saying that they needed about RM3,000 to fund the items for the team.


A normal person would just think, "yeah don't worry, something will come up and they'll be able to raise the money. After all, it is a church event, there'll surely be someone to help out." But what happens when God puts the impression on you that you are that person?


So that same night, I just felt God telling me, "Sam, You are that person to help financially". I was in shock like "God, come on, that amount is such a big sum, surely someone else would be able to help out. Why me?"



 photo trusting-God-700_zpsazid5wg7.png

For the next 1 week, I was constantly arguing with God. But every time I opened up my bible, these few versus came up:


Matthew 6 v 25-34 - But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things.


Isaiah 41 v 10 - So do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand


Psalms 56 v 3 - When I'm afraid, I put my trust in you


Proverbs 3v5-6 - Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight


The amount was massive, but I just knew that God wanted me to trust him completely. In the end, I said, "Ok God, if it is your will, I will do it" and I decided to use the money that I saved up to visit my family at Europe for Christmas (My family has migrated there). Then guess what? I heard God tell me, "Sponsor RM4,000 instead".

WALAUWEIIHHHH!!! All the cina-ness has came up in me on that amount, but 
I knew there is no denying that God wanted me to put my faith in him, and I know that many people will be blessed by this. I did sponsor the RM4,000 and our team was blessed with placing 2nd in the competition, and I am sure that many other lives were blessed during the P.O.S. performances.


 photo IMG_9072_zps6je3i5yj.jpg
The Olympus Family



God pulling through

So now comes the part, I'm putting all my eggs in a basket and trusting God to help me pull through. I started cutting down on my expenses, to ensure that I'm able to save enough in 5 months to visit my family in December. And guess what? I was blessed as I won a Maybank cashback contest which prize was RM1,000. and all in all, I managed to get enough money for my trip to Europe

Here comes the part where God steps in again. During my Europe trip, my sister Sonya decides to bless me by paying for my trip to Iceland. How awesome is that? Not only did i raise enough money for my trip, my sister decides to pay for me next!

 photo G0204590_zps3utag3bp.jpg
My family at Iceland



God's Never-ending Blessings


God doesn't just helps you pull through, he would bless you even more than that! A verse came up to me and I guess I related really well with it:


2 Corinthians 9 v 6-8: Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 

Everyone close to me knows that I'm a travel enthusiast and I am always looking for different places to explore. I do specialize in budget travelling, but of course a nice top notch vacation is always the dream

Not long after Euphoria, I was blessed by Airasia with a 6d 5n trip to Mauritius for 2 pax! Never in my mind would I have ever dreamed of going to a part of Africa, and they are sponsoring the flights & 4 star accommodation for it! (Sponsorship Value: RM5,500 for this trip)

I brought one of my close friend with me during this trip and we had a blast taking in all the nature and beaches there


 photo DSC_0104_zps3imwccyf.jpg





God's Timing

Continuing my story, During this Mauritius trip, I was bugged by work, The wifi wasn't that strong over there, and stressed levels got a little high. I was honestly crying out to God saying "God you've blessed me with this trip, but why am I getting such a load of stress from work?"

And God's timing couldn't be better. On the 3rd day of my trip, I was sitting at the hotel lobby doing my work, and when tensions were very high, I receive an email saying: 
"Dear Sam, Congratulations as You've won the MBO XXX Xander Cage Movie Contest, and you'll be getting a trip for 2 to Caberete, Dominican Republic"

I literally just lifted my hands and said "Yes, Thank You God" while tears were rolling down my face. Its like God has a way of comforting me during my time of need


 photo IMG-20170316-WA0021_zpsan7jljau.jpg

MBO is sponsoring a 5d 4n trip for 2 pax which includes:
- Return flights for 2
- 4 Star Hotel (Millennium Resort & Spa)
- Extreme Activities (Zipline, 4x4 adventure, dirtbike lessons, jetski sessions, etc)

How awesome is that? this would easily cost at least RM15k for the whole trip! I'll be heading there in October this year :)

On the other side notes of travel, I was also able to visit:

New Zealand - Flight Ticket Sponsored
Phnom Penh (Cambodia) - Fully Sponsored
Manila (Philippines) - Fully Sponsored
Bengaluru (India) - Hotel Sponsored
Jakarta (Indonesia) - Hotel Sponsored
Singapore - Chicago Musical Tickets Sponsored
Ho Chih Minh (Vietnam)
Lombok (Indonesia)

during this 1 year period :) how awesome is that?


God's Future Plans For You


Apart from just getting free vacations which is already a dream, I was blessed in my career. I've been working at an experiential agency for the past 4 years. It has been an amazing experience no doubt, but I felt I was a bit too comfortable there


 photo 20106623_10159050136640054_2620054738120540247_n_zpsjfha6zyp.jpg


So I decided to tender my resignation, not knowing what the future holds for me. and next thing you know? I was offered a job at a PR company, with an pay raise of 40%! I wouldn't have thought of something like this happening to me, and it amazes me on how God's timing is always right

This year has been an amazing year for me. I've put my faith in God and I received countless blessings that I could never have imagined

I'll end with this, For those out there who are still awaiting their breakthrough, listen, pray and be patient, as God's plan & timing is always perfect

Comments

Cutebun said…
Definitely God's blessing. I pray for the same thing too. The unknown is scaring me a little.
Samuel C said…
@sherrie just be patient :) its all in his timing
always a calm after the storm