Definition of speed, 1/8000 shutter speed!

Photobucket

Most of you may know that I'm currently on my Europe trip for 3 weeks. And it has been a great time visiting places such as Amsterdam, Belfast, Giants Causeway, Carrick-A-Rede Rope Bridge and much more!

As of now I'm currently residing at a heritage town called Killaloe, at the southern part of Ireland. and I've been able to test out the camera given to me much more!

Using the Samsung NX20, I was able to take extremely high speed pictures with the 1/8000 shutter speed. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, a camera's shutter speed determines on how fast the picture is taken, and also changes the exposure (brightness/darkness) of the picture.

The Shutter speed can go as slow as 30 seconds (for one picture) or as up to 1/8000 per second for a picture. Definitely with high shutter speeds, I'm able to capture images which are fast, and that the quality of the image will be sharp and precise (no blurness)

As i was at The Giants Causeway, I tested out the 1/8000 shutter speed on the waves which hit the rocks! 

I had to boost up the ISO as its winter currently with little sun and this was the final outcome:

Photobucket

Using the settings 1/8000, F/4, ISO-3200

The waves were captured clearly hitting the rocks, with the splash of water in the air. If i were to be using slower speeds, the waves will be blurred out.

here is a close up zoom in on it:

Photobucket







Testing it on the roads, I was testing out on some random cars passing by at about 130km/h (As i was driving at 120km/h), which the pictures came out so clear

Photobucket
Photobucket

Using the settings: 1/8000 Secs, ISO 1600, F/4.5

You can still see the detail on the cars, At Speeds of about 130km/h, you can see the rims of the car in stagnant positions, and even the number plates appeared clearly.

This could be the next camera for speed traps? LOL as its able to capture things just so fast and clear!



One thing for sure, for the next F1 Grand Prix i will go to, i definitely will take the Samsung NX20 & its 1/8000 shutter speed with me!

Comments

michleong said…
Wow. Nice. The cars on the road look like they're parked there.
Samuel C said…
yeah its pretty amazing actually =) just can't wait for a gt or an f1 grand prix to test it out