My new home, Hotel Neo+ Penang

 photo 20150323_190149_zpskvs7fl5x.jpg

Last month, I was stationed up in Penang to work for about 3 weeks. Its been like the longest I'm away from home for work, but of course it was fun to travel outstation :) The food especially in Penang, can't get enough of that Char Kuay Teow and Asam Laksa!

So during my 3 week stay, I decided to try out a new hotel called Hotel Neo+. Its a pretty new hotel (revamped) and it has been open just for about 2 months. Excited, I booked my room and called it my new (temporary) home. I got my rate at RM160 per night from Agoda, and its pretty reasonable for a standard room in the heart of Penang (its about a 3 minute walk from Komtar)

 photo 20150323_190117_zpsc8wahup3.jpg

Upon arrival, I parked my car at its 4 storey car park and checked in. The process was pretty smooth, and whats better? The manager upgraded my room from a standard room to a superior room! Woohoo! 

I had my room at the 21st floor (There's 25 floors total and a rooftop swimming pool), and as I opened the door to my new home, It was pretty big and great!

 photo GOPR1641_1426432153264_low_zps4avzadvx.jpg
Check out how spacious it is

 photo GOPR1642_1426432153264_low_zpsp3hnhk7o.jpg
The TV, study table and reading chair

 photo GOPR1643_1426432153264_low_zpsr5zshd9b.jpg
The Pantry, check out the glass minibar! and 3 cupboards

 photo GOPR1645_1426432153264_low_zpsmsnbbx2p.jpg
The washroom is pretty spacious too, and the shower was bedazzed!

 photo GOPR1647_1426432153264_low_zpscsat2ion.jpg
and of course, a selfie in my room!

Honestly I loved my room as it was big and spacious, and it didn't feel like any of those old dodgy hotels :) Other than that, the gym was pretty small but still I managed to do some working out there :)

 photo 20150317_191515_zpsnq6ai8go.jpg

 photo 20150317_191530_zpstufk910v.jpg

 photo 20150317_191541_zps5epy2zhp.jpg

 photo 20150317_190746_zpswttiyl8f.jpg
The Gym


My feedback on the hotel:

1) Housekeeping needs to improve
- Upon arrival, I noticed a long hair near my shower drain
- Reloading of amenities are at random, sometimes I get water bottles, sometimes I don't
- When I'm calling housekeeping through my room phone, sometimes its never answered (This is during office hours of 9-6pm). 
- There were a few times I asked for extra amenities, and it didn't come.
- There's once this housekeeper knocked to clean my room even though I put the Do Not Disturb sign outside
- The towels (upon arrival) were so new that the lint of the towels stuck onto my body. They should have pre washed it.

 photo 20150315_234141_zpshgrxoz94.jpg
lint, lint everywhere!

- When they cleaned my cups on the 2nd day, there was lint in my cup, So I'm only wondering if they actually used my towels to wipe the cup 
 photo 20150316_214551_zpsl0efnhze.jpg
lint in my cup

But of course, after complaining, these things started to clear up

2) The Front Desk should have more communication with other departments
- Due to the housekeeping dept not sending up my amenities that i requested, I did head over to the Front Office to ask them to follow up and help send it up, but even so, the things I requested for wasn't sent (This happened 2 times)

Verdict:
Its a great hotel to stay at for an affordable price you're paying. I guess cause its pretty new, these things happened during my stay. I just hope it'll be better the next time. I would definitely stay there again.



Just some random parts of my trip:

I managed to check out Penang National Park for the first time with Clarissa, and it is definitely a great place to unwind :)

 photo GOPR1660_1426490963428_low_zpsy0viwyzv.jpg
The drive to Penang National Park

 photo GOPR1662_1426526842211_low_zpshjmgksof.jpg
Clarissa and I

 photo GOPR1668_1426526842211_low_zpsgtlsftjw.jpg
Some random rocks that looks like an ass

Stay tuned as I'll be updating soon on some cafes in Penang! :)

Comments

Amazing work done by you. Awofficefurniture.com offers you high-quality allen office furniture at most reasonable prices.
jiji.sg said…
I am glad that i came to see this, really loved it. Thank you for sharing it. I have bookmarked your page, excited to see more of it. Opt to buy Home Office Furniture Singapore

Unknown said…
Nice article has been posted. I really enjoyed reading your this article and also did get lots of good points from here. thanks for sharing such article here. Opt for the wooden garden furniture uk

Nice reading, I love your content. This is really a fantastic and informative post. Keep it up. Browse Consignment shops in Castle Rock CO at castlerockconsignment.com.
These types of suggestions are very useful to me about furniture. You are providing Used Furniture for Sale in Georgia. I hope everyone will enjoy this article as me. Thank you for more info localfurnituremarket.
عمو said…
هل تعلم ان في مصر كثير شركات اثاث مكتبى تختلف كل شركة عن الشركة الأخرى في أشياء كثيرة مثل المواد التي يصنع منها الأثاث المكتبي وأيضًا في شكل أثاث المكاتب ويختلف السعر أيضًا من شركة إلى أخرى. من أشهر شركات الأثاث المكتبي Star Wood. تقيم الشركة العديد من معارض الأثاث المكتبي في مصر. يمكنك الذهاب إلى المعارض واختيار أثاث المكاتب واختيار أثاث المكاتب لمكتبك.